2012年4月26日星期四

700w PSU with GTX570 OC?

I purchased a custom built PC online a few months ago and I have been blown away by it. I have been able to run all the games i currently owned on it at max setting with no hiccups what-so-ever. I recently purchased "Rift", a somewhat graphic intensive MMO. I played the game just fine for about 5 hrs straight. Upon starting it up for the second time, the machine will shutoff and restart after about 20-1hr of playing.

The games official forums says that many members are experiencing this problem. Some suggestions were to run stress tests on both your ram, CPU and GPU. the first two tests ran flawlessly. While the GPU test, i experienced the same effect when i tried to see how hot the GPU could get. it steadied off at about 73ºc on one test. But as soon as I started the next test, the machine stopped and upon reboot had a memory issue.



I am running a i7-950 3ghz, SATA-II 3.0Gbs, EVGA GTX570 1.2Gb OC, 700w Xtreme gear SLI/Crossfirex PSU (38A on 12v rail)



As far as I can tell, the PSU shouldnt be a problem, and I dont believe it is a heating issue either.



The answers id be happy to hear would be:



Whether or not my PSU is doing the trick.

or

if there is anyway to turn off or reduce the OC on my GPU.



Thank you-I can supply more information if needed|||Hi,



Setting the gpu clocks back to the standard clock settings sounds like a good idea to me. You can use MSI afterburner for this.



http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/dow…



The GTX 570s stock settings are:



Core Clock: 732MHz

Memory Clock:3800MHz

Shader Clock: 1464MHz



To be honest i've had some troubles with factory overclocked graphics cards recently, as I build pcs for people. Now i tend not to recommend them.



If you continue having troubles after declocking (as above), you could try a spare graphics card if you have one, or a friend may be able to let you borrow theirs.



If problems persist with another graphics card, i'm starting to lean towards the possibility of the power supply that is causing this. The amp specs are fine, but it does seem to have a bit of a bad reputation on other sites. In fact one reviewer claimed the power supply was only 65% efficent, most of the good power supplys are 80-90% efficent.



Hope i've helped :)

没有评论:

发表评论